Sunday 11 November 2012

Lilac and Sage


Lilac and Sage still a passion of mine after being the colours of our wedding so I decided to make a lilac and sage card using some flowers I had made for our wedding album. Amazing Tim Holtz inks of course and beautiful diecuts (why have I never discovered these before?) I love raiding the paper stash and finding beauties like this gorgeous art deco style picture.....And as I don't own any of the inks yet (the lilac and sage were done at a workshop with my sister-in-law) I used my tried and tested and still loved chalks for that shabby vintage look. As a nice link to my wedding the pearls were leftovers from my making my own tiara....just a shame I never wore it in the end! But it was a nice learning challenge as always, to teach myself something new - I always love to learn new things
   

I am dipping my toe into the sea of blog challenges for the very first time..........

I am entering this card into the following challenges
 Pearls and Flowers - fussyandfancy
Challenge 70 - Anything goes at Anything goes
Anything goes at Crafty Catz Challenge blog


Thanks for looking at my blog - Hope you enjoyed what you saw! x


5 comments:

  1. I love these colours! Good luck with the challenges. Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice too! I love the grid in the background; the diecuts look great - I especially love the leaves - and how wonderful that your pearls have such a heritage! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on your project! Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi what a fab wonderful card lay out brilliant too
    ... thank you for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ..hope to see you again hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card love the colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!