Thursday 27 June 2013

Birthday Blooms



      It was my birthday yesterday and I had a wonderful day - my husband took me out for lunch and in the afternoon when the kids got home from school I got some presents! A few weeks ago I had sent my wonderful husband off to the PaperArtsy website with a wishlist - I think he looked at everything (he must have been there for hours!) I got lots of gorgeous stamps and my collection of Fresco paints has grown to the extent that I need shelves for them now!

   Don't tell anyone but I have been a bit naughty today....There are so many other things I have to do right now - but I couldn't resist taking just a few hours to sit and relax and try out just some of my birthday stash - so armed with lots of new stamps and a huge collection of Fresco paints, I decided to have some fun making something, a last bit of birthday celebrating........before getting back to work and life......



     Featured on the PaperArtsy blog this week are instructions to make your own tissue tape - well, I had to try that! So first things first got some Micro Pore tape and painted it with Pansy and Eggplant paint and stamped it with a PaperArtsy mini text stamp.


   I used a Kaisercraft album board as the tag and painted it with French Roast and covered with crackle glaze and then painted Nougat Fresco Paint over the top once the glaze was dry.


       I stamped all the images with black archival ink on tissue before sticking to the board

   After they were dry I painted the flowers with Pansy, Eggplant and Hey Pesto Fresco paint. I painted the text with very watered down Nougat paint because the black looked too harsh.




     I dry brushed Mocha Mousse and French Roast all over the edges of the board. Then I stamped some of the text stamp over the tag with black archival ink. It was 'missing something' but I wasn't sure what - I wanted more texture on there and on the stamp set was a little dots stamp.


      I dabbed some Nougat Fresco Paint on there and lightly dabbed around the tag. Then I added the same stamp but using French Roast as a contrast. I dabbed some Hey Pesto paint around the tag which had a gorgeous effect - because it is transparent it adds colour without covering any detail. So I did some light blending with a sponge and heavier streaks with a brush.

    I added the homemade tissue tape at opposite corners.


I finished this creation with a light dabbing of Nougat paint on a sponge - making sure the sponge was still quite dry, around the edges
.

A piece or twine wrapped with raffia and a Dusty Concord DI dabbed rose was used to make the hanger and here is my birthday tag!



     Thanks for being here - I do hope you like it! See you soon!




I  would like to enter this in the following challenge -


PaperArtsy - Tissue Tape
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Show us a new style/ Show us something new - I used all new paints and every stamp on here was new...and to add to the firsts - I have never made my own tissue tape!






    

       Follow on Bloglovin

28 comments:

  1. Love it, well done. the tape looks perfect in the corners. you were right about the dots, they just add a little something and bring it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for yesterday Laura!!! Glad to hear you got the goodies you wanted. Love the idea of making your own tissue tape and you've put it to such good use here. May you have many more hours of enjoyment playing with everything. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, belated Happy Birthday!!
    Your hanging is stunning!! Yes, those irises are amazing and I love your tissue tape!

    Hope you have many more hours of creative fun with your birthday stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Birthday Greeting Laura - glad you were treated and got some lovely crafty goodies. Your hanging is gorgeous, really like those wonderful irises. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Birthday wishes :) Great, that you've had a wonderful day. Your hanging looks fantastic, love the background and the colors. Thanks for joining us at FSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Birthday wishes, sounds like you had a lovely day. Your hanging is gorgeous, wonderful images and colours.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful Laura! Lucky birthday girl - It is always so much fun to have a new treasure trove of art goodies!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely birthday presents, lucky you! I love what you made too. The colours and composition are superb. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday for yesterday Laura - sounds like you had a wonderful time and your tag is a gorgeous make which will remind you of your special day. Love, Margie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH! Your time with your presents was extremely well spent. This is gorgeous! That saying is perfect, as are the iris. Happy belated birthday! nise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours Laura - glad you had a fab birthday! The little flowers are REALLy cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it's law that you have to test those birthday goodies as soon as possible. Your tag is beautiful. We have that sentiment stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to you and what lovely presents you got. You made a fabulous tag with them. I love all the details and the colors are just stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated Birthday ! What a lovely hubby you have too going craft shopping for you ! Your tag is gorgeous Laura, love the colours you've used and your home made tissue tape is fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. Forgot to say thanks for joining us at FSC too !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot to say , thank you for joining us at FSC this time with your gorgeous tag.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tag is gorgeous, love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful...a work of art!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a beautiful project, you've certainly put those birthday pressies to good use. I love your new stamps and the colours are just so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated) so glad you got lots of goodies, your hubby a doll.I have so much medical tape,I'm allergic to the paper kind so none of that, I'll have to get some, its better than masking tape which I used, anywho your tape is lovely and the whole tag is GORGEOUS fabulous colors, stamping, the texture its all so delicious, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday! Glad you got to play! This is beautiful and love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday and glad you got so many paper artsy goodies!! Your tag is beautiful..lovely colours and detail..isn't making your own tape fun (and a lot cheaper!!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow amazing tag hanging, I bet you got really excited when you got all your new goodies lol. That's what I do at Christmas and my birthday, I even explain what he has to press to get to the item lol, the fact he is an computer engineer he does laugh lol. This hanging is trulyggorgeous, I love the coloursand the tape tyou made and the dots do finish them off. Happy belated birthday :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Love how you painted the flowers. Glad your husband knows how to shop,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you we're really spoilt, how ace! Fabulous piece of art, and love the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous and a very happy belated birthday,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Belated birthday wishes Laura and perfect to spend it with your family. I love the background and layers you have created and the sentiment is so true

    Have a lovely weekend

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!