Tuesday 27 August 2013

Feeling Edgy



        It is time for another Try it on Tuesday challenge.......And the challenge is.....

                                                  'Fancy Edges'

           All TioT Challenges are an "anything goes" medium. As long as you stay within the challenge theme you can make a card, altered project, ATC, scrapbook page, tag or anything your heart desires.

     .....Your challenge is to make something using three different edges - Use patterned scissors, die cuts, use punches to make a decorative edge.....what you do is up to you...

      

        I chose a patterned paper background and cut a piece off to use at the central image, reserving the rest for the base of the tag.....


      I stamped the 'teenager' picture directly onto the patterned paper with Black Archival ink and added some script stamping in Coffee Archival ink.

       I placed this focal image onto a piece of ivory card that had Vintage Photo DI blended around the edge and the edge trimmed with a scalloped edge cutter. I then stuck this onto brown paper which had been cut with a lace punch down the right side....

One scalloped style edge, a lace effect punch and a zig zag edge.


I tore some pieces of card for the wording, blended Vintage Photo over them, then stamped the words in Black Archival ink and embossed them.



Metal vintage style corners were applied to the tag along with the same script stamp used before dabbed randomly over the base of the tag with Coffee Archival ink




















                     A peach rose dabbed with Vintage Photo DI was placed in the corner


 A length of peach ribbon was used to finish the tag.....







      Please pop over to Try it on Tuesday and join in with your choice of three edges....you could be one of our Top 5 and get entered into the prize draw at the end of the month!

        Hope to see you there! Thanks for peeking in!

           See you soon!






 Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments:

  1. Hi Laura...what great advice! Words to live by I think.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag and such an interesting challenge. I have this stamp, now I feel inspired to use it, thanks
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVE this tag!! I should tape it to my daughter's head ;) Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant tag Laura and such great advice too.... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layers on this - good enough to eat again! I love your colour combos always! This sentiment is terrific! I think I should use it on a tag and give it to my son who is terrified of 'doing the wrong thing' at the moment! Lovely, lovely project. You never fail to inspire, Laura! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS - It shouldn't just be advice to daughters, surely? Maybe blues and browns and 'Advice to sons'? Lol! Julie Ann xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your fancy edges are beautiful!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Tag!! I love the way your tore off pieces of a card and that sentiment is so wonderful! I also really liked what you did with the metal corners.

    Happy Crafting
    Tracie
    http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Laura - your tag is (as the kids say) awesome. I am going to keep studying what you created! Everything is just really grand!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dear Laura, shame on me for not visiting for a whole MONTH, bad follower I am, but hey wonderful visit I had today was surely worth round of applause for the spectacular
    artistic journey I've had here reading post after post what a pleasure and sooooooo inspirational its been fabulous :O)....
    What a way to start you designer journey with that sewing framed treasure is outstanding work, I had to face book it:). Your playing with the inks, each tile is jaw droppingly beautiful, I knew you would rock with the inks too, haven't seen anything you can do yet.Your little treasure by the seaside is gorgeous and very heart touching. Your matchbox, truly a treasure, tiny steam punk gorgeous.Your words hanging inspire artist to just let yourself play go with the flow and just let the magic happen and we create wondrous things :O). Another group wanting you to be on there team, not surprising your work is certainly designer worthy and I think it's one of my favorite piece today. All the cardboard, the white with the twigs, the lovely stamping the gorgeous lace, they get my claws clicking all over, hard to type LOL. Thanks so much for my wonderful visit and so much inspiration, shesh I must get to my desk,Hope you have a wonderful week, sorry for the long post, I'm such a chatty bird ^-^..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful make Laura, love all the edges and what a fabulous stamp! And that quote? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo lovely as always, always a different take on the theme, really love this piece Laura - and the quote - well made me smile!! Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!!! Love the borders and corners!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great piece Laura, love the image and quote.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project Laura, had a smile when I read the quote.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Laura. Love allthosedifferent layers.
    Well done
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and the sentiment is great!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card and the sentiment is great!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!