Friday 20 September 2013

Frosty Autumn

Hello everyone!

     
 Last month I was thrilled to be chosen as the winner of the Left of Center challenge 'Use something metal'. The creation I entered in the challenge was the 'Wings of Love' altered matchbox. As the winner I was asked to make something as Guest Designer for Left of Center challenges for their new challenge which is -

No Designer Papers

I am still caught up in the Autumn mood here and I can't wait for those beautiful frosty days! So I would like to share with you a very Autumnal tag with a subtle frosty tinge that I made this challenge.......


      I wanted to use the Tim Holtz Clockwork stencil and decided just to have a mess around with some Autumn colours.

    I applied Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and Antique Linen to the mat and spritzed with water. Then after doing a bit of wrinkle free distress I had a gorgeous pale brown speckled card. I decided to keep it quite pale because I was going to add more detail as I went along.


      Then I used the Clockwork stencil dabbing Vintage Photo around it.


   I dabbed a text stamp with Potting Soil archival ink and applied it randomly around the tag.


     Then I stamped some leaf shapes onto a piece of card using Gathered Twigs, Fired Brick and Rusty Hinge DI and then cut them out. Then I stamped on these leaf shapes with my favourite script stamp in Potting Soil Archival Ink


      On the tag I stamped some of the same leaf shapes in Gathered Twigs DI. I then used a hedgerow stamp and but did this with the Potting Soil Archival ink for a more vibrant effect.. After this I dabbed some Walnut Stain around the edge of the tag to give it a very grungy look. I thought it then looked a bit 'flat' and too dark....so to give it a further grungy look I spritzed the tag very lightly with White Dylusions spray - which is my new crafting best friend - the effects it gives are amazing!


      I curled some rusty wire and draped it along the tag, attaching the leaves which had been given a coating of Rock Candy Glitter glue.


      The label was cut from mount board and covered with Vintage Photo DI. The word Autumn was a Chit-Chat sticker, again inked with Vintage Photo.......


     .......and two copper screw style brads attached it to the tag.


           The tag was finished off with raffia and twine






            I hope you will pop over to the 'Left of Center' challenge to have a look at the wonderful DT work over there and perhaps you can enter too - you might be the winner and be Guest Designer for them too!

        Thanks so much to all of you for all your lovely comments and thanks so much for popping in to see what I have made...



              See you all soon!



 Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. WOw, what a fantastic autum tag you made! Leaves are amazing :-))
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours on this one! That white Dylusions is my all time favourite spray too and on your tag it certainly has done the trick, stunning with those beautiful vibrant leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, Laura!

    Autumn, which I love so much, couldn't have been captured any better! Your tag shows everything I love with autumn - the frosty white, covering the ground and leaves, the warm colours of the leaves and curled stems... absolutely beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do indeed capture autumn to perfection! This is a wonderful tag! I love the background and the exquisite cut-out leaves. This is also looks so uncontrived, so spontaneous, it's just the kind of impression you might encounter on a lovely, frosty autumn walk. Thank you for taking us through your process so well too. Fabulous inspiration again! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Laura, the vibrant leaves and the more muted background is very striking.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Laura ! I love the Autumnal colours (they are my favourites!) and your usual design flare make this a stunning project ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow - I love this one a lot! Great colors, great background...
    Have a great day, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolute stunner Laura! Gorgeous work and terrific step x step. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Laura..wow, just can't take my eyes off this tag!!! That frosty background looks amazing.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Laura...and this tag is gorgeous with the autumn/winter feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura
    There is a glorious richness to this tag and wonderful texture.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful background and glorious colours
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS!!!! Love the fall browns and spots of white!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a wonderful tag with great details. Love the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Lovey Lady, I haven't been here in a while, so I'll start with this GORGEOUS tag, the background is fantastic, then the beautiful leaves, look real, amazing, looooove the curly cues, it really looks like an image on a forest floor in the late autumn, stunning tag, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!