Sunday 6 October 2013

Mask or Stencil


  Hello everyone,

         Today at Fashionable Stamping Challenges the subject is -


Masks and Stencils

 

I did this tag just after I got my Tim Holtz stencils and I decided to use the Dot Fade one.

This tag is quite a simple one compared to what I normally do and I really liked doing it...sometimes it is great to add layer after layer and tons of frills and embellishments...but for this one I wanted a more simpler style.

I had a Kraft tag and stamped some Tim Holtz Stamps in with Potting Soil Archival ink in opposite corners.



I then dabbed some Walnut Stain DI over the Dot Fade stencil in the other corners


I stamped the quote on some Kraft card that I had used to mop up the excess Dylusions white ink from a previous time using the Stencil - It is very subtle and not very noticeable here but I like the added texture it gives to the quote background.


I used some kraft die cut flowers and inked around the edges with Walnut Stain DI and gave a very heavy coating of Rock Candy Distress stickles glue.



















The fern style leaves were inked with Walnut Stain DI and I added some curly rusty wire.


The tag is finished off with some thick twine tied in a bow




          Hope you like my stencil tag! Why not hop over to Fashionable Stamping Challenges and join in the challenge! You could win $20 to spend at Flonzcraft! - Happy Stamping!


  











Follow on Bloglovin

19 comments:

  1. This is dare I say such a pretty tag Laura. I love the soft but also dark subtle colour tones you have used and they are some of my fave stamps.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag Laura, like Shirl, I love the combination of the deep browns with the white on kraft. Gorgeous stamping and the effect of the Rockcandy Stickles is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - I love the colour palette on this tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tag Laura, love the subtle colours and such gorgeous stamping. Those flowers look amazing encrusted with the stickles
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this, Laura. It's simple, but the colours are so interesting and the use of stamp is so dramatic. I also adore the way you used the Rock Candy Stickles on the flowers - they look gorgeous. I want to reach out and touch this tactile tag! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, this is sooooo beautiful so soft and dreamy wow it's just gorgeous, thanks so much for being so inspirational and just darn fantastic, hope you have a wonderful week big hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, I love the soft and neutral color palette you have used! That sentiment is so true and you have framed it so beautifully! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful Laura, love the Rock Candy flowers..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag Laura, love the monochromatic style and the stencilling on the Kraft card is really effective. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous tag, great color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag Laura, and wonderful details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I very much like your gorgeous stencil tag Laura! Have a lovely week. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura! Stunning work on your tag, down to every small detail. I have struggled with how to use this plate of images and you have inspired me to try again! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning creations as always! I like all details!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  15. LoVELY tag ! LOVE your flower, it's so shiny! For me this would be a real challenge, just using browns...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Laura. I love the colour of the potting soil...so soft and pretty on this tag! Gorgeous images and set off beautifully with the stenciling.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous tag, love the colours and especially your sparkly flower
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Laura - I love your tag that first appears so simple but when you dive further there are so many gorgeous details..love the colour scheme too..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!