Tuesday 1 September 2015

Autumn Forever

Hi everyone!

     We have a new challenge over at Our Creative Corner. This month it is our amazing Julia who will be bringing you a seasonal challenge...

  Shades of Autumn
 
Autumn Leaves Wallpapers

I love the colours of autumn! Those beautiful and dramatic reds, golds, yellows, browns, greens and all shades in between. Your challenge this month is to take some inspiration from the colours in the image provided and make an autumnal inspired project.




I didn't know what to make at first because I had so many ideas buzzing - so I decided to make the leaves first...


I got some die cut leaves and painted them with Decoart paint in  Green gold, Pyrrole Red, Primary Yellow and Pyrrole Orange. Some of them I painted one colour and others I blended a contrasting colour together. All of them were dry brushed with Burnt Umber Decoart acrylic paint.


I then covered them with cackle glaze before covering them with Raw Umber Antiquing Cream - wiping this away when it was dry with a damp cloth.


I covered an ornate die cut frame with some Decoart sand texture paste. When dry I covered this with a mix of Paynes Grey and white acrylic paint. When this was dry I covered it with Quinacridone Gold acrylic paint. A final dry brushing with Cobalt Turquoise Hue gave a patina effect.



I chose to put a picture in the frame - a printed image of a little girl that was dabbed with Vintage Photo DI.


I arranged the leaves around the bottom of the frame with some stained cheesecloth, raffia strands and rusty wire curls





The word 'nature' was stamped with Coffee archival ink and edged with Vintage Photo DI


A grapevine heart was used to frame the word


A twisted strand of rusty wire was used to hang the picture frame up.


And there is my Shades of Autumn frame....

Why not come over to Our Creative Corner and see what everyone else has made?!

Join in the challenge this month and you could be the randomly selected winner of the $25 prize voucher that is being donated by our wonderful sponsor this month
 


You could be our winner and be invited to appear as our Top Talent. 

You could be one of our Top 3 and be pinned onto the OCC Pinterest board!
  
Remember you gotta be in it to win it!

So come on over to Our Creative Corner and have some fun!
 Happy Crafting!
Laura
xxx


Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Wow...when I first looked at your project I thought the leaves were real ones, Laura!
    They are amazing - and I love your autumnal project!!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Laura! The crackled leaves and that heart are stunning around that beautiful vintage image. Your treatment on the ornate frame is just awesome. Love this!! Pinned. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just lovely - as you know, Autumn is my favourite season (fungi!) and this just encapsulates it....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Laura and really sums up those fabulous Autumn colours. The textures on the leaves are amazing. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, your little girl is the spirit of Autumn! I love the tarnished frame and the leaf arrangement. Hugs Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful and more beautiful Laura. I love the layers, the colours, the textures, the crackle and the little girl is gorgeous. Wonderful frame too. Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful composition of textures and Autumn feel. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW, Laura!! Your framed pieces are always soooo darn wonderful!! I LOVE your crackly leaves tucked amongst the cheesecloth and raffia and don't get me started on your rusty wire curly-q's, Love Them!! OH-And the addition of the grapevine heart wrapped with more wire-LOVE IT!! Just a BEAUTIFUL Shades of Autumn inspiration piece!! Happy Weekend!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely to see people visiting so I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment for me - Thank you!